Sep 29, 2010

Being Garrulous

I love to talk. 

Really, I talk a lot.  It's just that I think I have *so much* to say and most of it is important. I think. 

If you and I are having a conversation, I'm going to dig as hard as I can into my memory bank to find something that will go along with the topic we are conversing about just so that we can talk longer. 

You know that awkward pause between two people when they're talking and then suddenly there's nothing left to talk about because it's all been said already?  Yeah, I don't either!  For as long as I can remember, since the day I have been able to talk, I don't think I've EVER had an awkward pause in a conversation.  Most people just cut me off and say "well Genny, I have to get back to work now." 

I just always have so much to say.  There really isn't a conversation that I'm not opposed to talking about and don't know just a little bit about where I can't hold my own.  Every once in a while my mouth can get me into a heap of trouble.  Not too often, but there have been a few occasions where I should have just shut up.

Well, it happened last night.

See, I'm also a very talented individual.  Not only do I love my office job and get excited when Mr. Boss man gives me a gigantic Excel Spreadsheet to create but I can do lots of other stuff.

I love to paint. Walls.  And it's weird because I'm really good at it.  There are currently 5 different colors in my house and I'm not finished yet.

I also have excellent culinary skills.  I'm not opposed to preparing anything in the kitchen.

But, one of the things I love to do most and probably should have taken up a career in is Cosmetology.  I LOVE TO CUT HAIR!!  I can color, perm, shape, thin, highlight and pretty much anything else you think you'd like to try out on that head of yours.  Um, last night I learned that I can use a pair of scissors to cut your hair so short it looks like I used buzzers!

Oh my god, I'm sorry but guess what I was doing while I was performing the hair cut last night?  Yep!  I was talking!  I told you I talk too much, didn't I?  Well, I do and, apparently I talked *way* too much during this haircut.  My guy kept saying "Wow, you've never done that method before" and, "Goodness Genny, it's taking such a long time to cut my hair this time", and then he finally said "Why do you have that funny look on your face?"  I had to calm him down after my answer was totally non shalant with a slight giggle, "Oh well, it's just hair.  It'll grow back.  See you in about 6 weeks!"

My husband even called me before I was finished.  I was shocked!  I was like, "dude, I'm doing a haircut, what is it?"  He said he was worried about me becuase I've never been gone so long just to do a cut.

Oh my....see, I think I talk too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment