Mar 9, 2011

Day Five: Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

So, it's day five - really it feels like day 75 because I'm swamped at work and I'm getting ready for a cruise but you know for reality sakes, it's day five and that means this activity took place exactly one week ago today. 

BTW, packing for a 7 day cruise for 4 people sucks balls.

The last week has really been tremendous though.  And although we are physically done with the KY Intimacy Experiment the reconnection that has happened between my husband and I is amazing.  I find it weird that we are actually still coming up with new things to discuss and games to play.

So, day five is all about connecting outside the bedroom with some type of fun activity.  I would have preferred it to be something that neither of us have tried but yet again, it's the middle of the week and I can't just take my kids to the park and accidentally forget them.  Nor do I feel like asking my parents if they can keep them overnight so hubby and I can play games.  I just can't imagine telling my father exactly what kind of games we will be playing.  No dad, they can't play the games with us....... I will just completely avoid that conversation all together.  Thank you very much.

I broke out the Wii controllers and we had a little Wii Sports fun together.  I can't tell you how much we cracked up.  I highly suggest video taping yourself while playing Wii Pro Bowler - it's down right funny I tell you.  My husband is, or rather, *was* a fantastic bowler prior to our meeting.  He was on a league and won many trophies that are now sitting in our attic collecting dust.  Since he doesn't play cards or board games (not even with the kids) because "he's not good at them and doesn't really understand *how* to play, I let him choose his game of choice on the Wii.  Honestly, I think he doesn't like loosing and that is why he doesn't play games with us.  So, what does he choose?  Bowling.  Why not, he's a pro right? 

WRONG!

I kicked his ARSE in Wii Pro Bowler.  And, since we had to make a friendly competition out of this for our evening activity (which ensued immediately after his tough loss because, hello - I was the winner) I was loving it even more and he was not a happy camper.  We each had 10 index cards and got to write an activity of our choice on them.  Shuffled them up and placed them in separate piles.  I win, he chooses from my stack.  He wins, I chose from his stack.

I on 8 games out of 10.  That meant that I had to allow him to indulge in only two of his activities he requested.  One of the cards that I chose from his pile said: "No complaining (saying no) when I want to touch you".  DUH!  We're doing an experiment and why the hell would I complain?  The other card I drew, I can't tell you what it had on it.  However, it wasn't anything close to the genius I wrote on my cards.

Draw me a bath and be creative as you make it romantic

Play with my hair

Tickle my back

Sing to me in your best voice and be serious, no laughing

Now, before he pulled the fifth card he acting like a big cry baby and said I wasn't fair in what I wrote down....he said none of them were intimacy related and involved getting in the bed with me!  I was dying laughing at this point and just urged him to read on.  I mean, how can he tell me what I would enjoy that would lead to a fantastic evening together?  He can't.  The next cards were:

Blah, blah, blah, la la la, something, something, something - it's just too much for this here blog.

He turned red after reading it.  SCORE!

Make a list of 5 things you honestly love about me and then whisper them in my ear laying naked against me

Wash my hair in the tub (that would have only worked in my favor had he drawn that top card - had he not drawn it, he'd have thrown a cup of water on my head and squeezed the shampoo bottle over it).

And here's the BEST one that I'm so glad he drew - it meant that he could enjoy it too:

Allow me to touch you all over your body and you can't rush me or say one word!

I have to say that this by far was the BEST day and night activity and I can't wait until tomorrow.  If you want more information visit the K-Y Intimacy Experiment tab on Couples Place.

 “I wrote this fun posting while participating in a blog campaign on behalf of K-Y® Brand and also received product samples to help facilitate my review. In addition, K-Y® Brand sent me a gift card to thank me for taking the time to participate.”

1 comment:

  1. Connie ChrietzbergMarch 9, 2011 at 1:15 PM

    so I am totally inviting myself which I know if RUDE.. BUT... we REALLY need to have a "double date" at your house for a cook out and WII playing! We don't have one, but I hear it is fun! :)

    ReplyDelete