Feb 17, 2011

What's for Dinner?

Sometimes I get in a rut and prepare the same things over and over for supper.  My family is not picky so they just go with it.  Plus, they don't cook so they can't demand I change things up.

But, lately I've been so bored making the same things.  I even reached out to my friends for new recipes.  That wasn't very successful.  They don't like sharing.

I've been asking around today what people are making for supper to maybe get some ideas.  Chicken Alfredo, Deer Meat Enchiladas, Spaghetti, and Roast Chicken are some of the meals being prepared around town.  Oooh, a Rotisserie Chicken sounds good and that's easy - you just pick those up at the store!  Then I text my friend to ask her what she was making for supper and totally spit my coffee on my keyboard when I read her reply:

Roger is picking up a Rotisserie Chicken and I am making homemade mac and cheese and corn on the cob.  But, UGH - I HATE making two things of the same color - but since Megan begged me, I'll do it!

Wait.  WHAT?  You don't make two side items if they are the same color? 

Who the hell thinks that much? 

Seriously, Corn and Mac and Cheese are of the yellowish color, right?  But if you get technical about it, Mac and Cheese is ORANGE and Corn is YELLOW and they are in fact NOT the same color!  Maybe she should just put the chicken in the middle of the plate and separate the side dishes on either side?  Some people are totally weird and I guess everyone has their own OCD issues.

That got me thinking about Brittany's Buffalo Chicken Pizza - (because I use Rotisserie Chicken) it's totally delicious and super duper easy, plus my kids eat it up so I don't have to make anything different for them.  Because no matter how much I try the "if you don't eat that you'll go to bed without supper" thing, it never works.  I always wake them up around 10 pm to tell them I'm sorry for making them starve and please don't think I'm a terrible mother so here's an ice cream Sunday with extra chocolate sauce to show you how much I really do love you.  I've learned my lesson and so they will eat a nutritious meal along with mom and dad, I usually have chicken nuggets or something semi-healthy for them.  But tonight - I only have to cook one meal. After I clean my keyboard up!


What are you having for dinner tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment