Jan 24, 2011

He's so Funny and I love him!

He is my biggest supporter.

He's serious:
Not a day goes by that he regrets.  Life is important to him.

He's dedicated:
When she had a heart attack he promised to take care of her and he has never stopped.  He changed his eating habits and added fitness into his daily routine.  He still walks in the park even if it's raining.

He's smart:
When he decided on his career path, he went to the Dean of a School of Law and asked for permission to take the entrance exam *without* having gone through the entire 4 years of college that was needed prior to being accepted to Law School.  The Dean granted permission.  He took the exam. He passed.  He finished Law School with honors.

He's witty:
He reads every.single.day.  It is this that makes me think he is so clever in perception of all things.  This makes him expressionable.

He's clever:
You cannot get anything past him.  He has very sharp intelligence. You may have read about my my 7th grade adventure, and if so you know that he conspired with the local DA to put me on fake probation until I was 18.  Only then did he tell me that I was never actually on probation.  I would say that's mighty clever.

He's admirable:
Because of they way he carries himself, lives his life and shows regard for others, I often regard him with wonder.

He's honorable:
He has never lied to me or anyone that I know. He's just simply a good dude. 

But damn it, He's HILARIOUS!
24 years ago he used my grandmothers lip liner to paint chicken pox all over his face, neck and arms to avert the attention away from his future daughter-in-law who had actual chicken pox on her wedding day.


There's a song that makes me think of him every time I hear it.  Not because I've ever hurt him.  I mean, I may have in the past, unintentionally given him an enormous amount of anxiety, anger, mistrust (only to gain it back), heartburn and fear.  But, I don't think I have ever hurt him or given him a broken heart.

If you go over the words written by the songwriter you might interpret that this person is running away but doesn't want you to worry.  They might have had a hectic life and are finally willing to forgo the bad things they've done.  I don't know.  If you watch the video, it is that of a jewelry heist and makes no sense to me.

Song: You can read it or skip it.
I'm not a perfect person, There's many things I wish I didn't do.  But I continue learning, I never meant to do those things to you. And so I have to say before I go, that I just want you to know.  I've found a reason for me.  To change who I used to be. A reason to start over new, and the reason is you. I'm sorry that I hurt you, it's something I must live with every day. And all the pain I put you through, I wish that I could take it all away. and be the one who catches all your tears, that's why I need you to hear: I've found a reason for me, to change who I used to be. A reason to start over new, and the reason is you.

I think you all know that I really *love* music.  All of it.  I love to listen to it.  Dance to it.  And I love to SING it!

He loves music too.  And, this is why he's funny.

He sings all the time and has a great voice.  Every single morning when he wakes up he sings.  Every. Morning.  It is a song he makes up about being so glad that God woke him up.  In the song, he talks about her and how much he loves her.  Every day though, the song is different because it includes what he plans to have for breakfast and his plans for the day.  Some of the words are even made up.

So every time I hear the song above, which by the way is called "The Reason" I think of him. And, because of his witty, clever, funny sense of humor I think he may have even named the band!

They are Hoobastank, and my dad would love to walk around his house singing a song with the word hoobastank included in the lyrics!

No comments:

Post a Comment