Jan 11, 2011

It's Always full of Crap

I don't really watch the news.  I mean, my husband reads the paper from front to back and every once in a while I catch the local news.  Actually, I take that back.  Every morning I see the local news because that is what I turn on when I'm getting ready for work.  I love to *watch* the weather but I only half way listen to every thing else.  I don't pay too much attention to it because it's always about someone killing someone else and who's mad at who and I'm just over it.  I used to get so worked up about all the stupidity and crime and wrong doing in our world.  I'm not interested in politics so I wouldn't even know where to start if I were to become interested in fixing the world.

The ONE thing I know, is that GOD is my Savior and with Him I can get through anything.  You might think I'm really stupid for saying this but seriously, I count on Him for a lot of things.  Plus, I really don't care what you think.  If I die tomorrow it will not matter because that is how my life was planned by Him.  I cannot change that. 

I found that the more I watched the news and got worked up over it, the more I was trying to figure out how to change it.  My poor mother still gets so worked up over things that we just have no control over other than our right to vote and our prayers that we actually make the right choices. Sometimes when I call her during the day she sounds so sad, or is overly pissed off about the things she cannot change.  I worry she will give herself a heart attack one day worrying about things she can't control!

But, because I don't live in a hole and am very aware of my surroundings and the things that go on in the world (HELLO - I'M ADDICTED TO FACEBOOK and you can learn A LOT on facebook), I am aware of the headlines.  Most recently the very horrible tragedy that happened in Tuscon, AZ.  A lot of the world and news media is caught up with the suspect in the killings.  How strange he is.  Why didn't anyone notice that something was bothering him. The whys and hows and what exactly was wrong with the gentleman that opened fire.  It's their job and they report the news and what catches the readers attention.  Then there is the other story of the nine year old girl who lost her life that day.  She was born on 9/11/2001.  The same day of another very tragic day in history.  She was smart, athletic, caring and jovial.  She was interested in politics.  At nine years old.  Nine.  When I was nine years old I didn't even know who the President of the United States was!  This bright young lady was on her way to *being* the President of the United States.

Doesn't it make you sit back and think that God really knows what he's doing?  This little girl was born on a tragic day and left our world on a tragic day.  Things like that don't just *happen*, they are planned.

Have you been watching her parents?  One of my co-workers said today that they have given countless interviews without shedding a tear.  But, I'm certain they cry themselves to sleep each night.  As a parent myself, I know they hurt tremendously inside and may never be the same.  On the outside they are courageous and proud of their young daughter who left this world knowing much, much more than the average American.  On the inside they are torn apart, to never, ever be whole again. Christina was fearless the day she died.  She went to meet Rep. Gabrielle Giffords with a neighbor.  Her parents let her go.  How could they possibly know that something so unthinkable would happen?  They couldn't.  And neither could the neighbor who will now live with so much unnecessary guilt about being the last one holding little Christina's hand.

Tonight when I was at the gym I watched the news.  I watched as the husband of the lady who took Christina to the event told of how his wife screams out in the night, "Christina, let's run, hold hands".  It's stories like this that make me want to be bigger than God, fly to Arizona and knock the crap out of that damn idiot who killed 6 innocent people because he didn't like the answer Rep. Giffords gave him TWO YEARS AGO! 

But, I'm not bigger than God.  I never will be.  I want to always trust Him and have a sense of security that only He can give me daily. And so, I will not watch the news.  It's always full of crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment